TheXMu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheXMu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avoid Scammers / Hackers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeRo

ZeRo

Avoid Scammers / Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Account security is of the utmost importance. As such, we want to equip our players with the knowledge they need to ensure the accounts they play remain safe, secure, and in the right hands. We recommend that you review the information below and follow the helpful tips to make sure that your computer and the accounts you play remain secure.

KEEPING YOUR COMPUTER SAFE AND ACCOUNT SECURE

If your computer has been infected with a virus, Trojan, keylogger, or other malicious software, you need to make sure the computer is cleaned entirely, or the TheXMu account you play will be continue to be at considerable risk. You should also be certain you are using a secure password at all times.

Keeping an account secure relies heavily on keeping your computer secure. This can help keep your computer safe from malicious programs and anyone intent on stealing your private information.

HOW DOES A SECURITY COMPROMISE HAPPEN?

The vast majority of account compromises originate from one of three sources:

1. "Spoof" websites and emails

2. Downloading hacks, cheats, or other executable content

3. Sharing account information

See below for more information on these security risks and other increasingly common scams, as well as information on recovering an account and keeping your privacy safe.

KEEPING YOUR SYSTEM UP TO DATE

Please be sure that you have the most secure operating system environment on your computer by running Windows Update (if you own a Windows-based PC) or Software Update (if you own a Mac) and installing all of the high-priority updates. Note: You may have to run the updater more than once to ensure you have all of the latest high-priority updates; many updates require a system restart and then additional patch installations to complete the process.

"SPOOF" WEBSITES AND EMAILS

This term refers to an email or a website which poses as an official TheXMu communication or site, but which is really just a trick to get unsuspecting users to send their account information to someone who should not have it. If account information is sent to one of these "spoofs," it usually winds up in a thief's database list of accounts to compromise or steal.

How to identify a spoof site or email:

* It asks for the account name AND PASSWORD. TheXMu will NEVER ask you for your password.

* It comes from an email address which is NOT an official TheXMu.biz.com address, but may look similar.

* Often, these spoofs promise you will be banned if you do not provide the information demanded.

* Links do not go to an official TheXmu domain. Often, hyperlinks can look like they lead to official sites at first glance, but you can wind up somewhere unexpected when you click them.

How to keep them from stealing your password:

If you do receive a suspicious looking email, please forward it to our official address -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- and do NOT reply at all unless our staff actually confirms for you that the message is legitimate

There are only four places where you should EVER type your password:

- The TheXMu game login screen.

- The Account Management page on the official site (TheXMu.biz.com)

- The official TheXMu forums (http://TheXMu.forum2.biz/)

If you're not certain you're at the official page, you can always be sure you're in a "safe zone" by manually pointing your browser to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Anything else is likely to not be an official site.

DOWNLOADING ADDONS, HACKS/CHEATS, & EXECUTABLES

Viruses, Trojan applications, and key-logging software can be used to steal your TheXMu account information, in addition to other private data on a compromised computer. These sorts of threats are typically brought into the system and installed by "executable" programs.

An "executable" program is something you download and then run, as opposed to opening a picture file, document, or folder. You can tell if a file is an executable if its file name ends in EXE. You can also right-click the file and choose "Properties." If the "File Type" says "Application," then that file is an executable. Be careful to only run executables you trust.

Hackers and account thieves like to put their viruses, keyloggers, etc. into executable files and then make those files very appealing to our TheXMu fan base, to trick users into downloading and running their programs.

We hope that this will prevent any more spoof cases in our community.

Last edited by ZeRoPH on Fri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phobia

Phobia

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Are you posting guides from others mu just to be GM?
Back to top Go down
ZeRo

ZeRo

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:47 pm

im posting how can avoid scammers and hackers not the other server lol..

there's any problem in my posting ??

i post that for my basic experience on other server...

that's all Razz
Back to top Go down
Phobia

Phobia

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Nah, you don't I know many people like you, the just go google, copy guides, post here, they think they will be promotoed to GMs.
Back to top Go down
LoveBK

LoveBK

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:36 pm

ZeRoPh is Helping only to avoid scam .. thats why he post that guide so pls be patient ..
Back to top Go down
ZeRo

ZeRo

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Thx Bro LoveBK..

all i need is to warning to all players

that's all i want it..

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phobia

Phobia

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Dude, it's not your guide, you just copied that from here, I'm not stupuid:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So do the rest of the guides you posted, all copied

Listen man, I've been playing mu for almost 8 years now, and people like you come and go everyday, so you don't need to go around posting guides from other MUs, just to higher your acceptance of your gm application.

PS: Your English is so bad.
Back to top Go down
ZeRo

ZeRo

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:00 pm

bro we are same guide but im not copied that guide..

and i never play that server...
Back to top Go down
Phobia

Phobia

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm not 3 years old, they had the guide before you, you posted it yesterday, don't lie, your English sucks, and you can't write a guide like this, you really made me laugh, same guide, hahahaha, you copied it yesterday.
Back to top Go down
ZeRo

ZeRo

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:49 pm

well it's up to u Razz

goodluck and enjoy the game bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avoid Scammers / Hackers   Avoid Scammers / Hackers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avoid Scammers / Hackers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheXMu :: Guide section-
Jump to: